Saturday 1 October 2022

Saturday 1st October 2022

Woke around 0730...dozed in bed until nine-ish...Aki cooked poached eggs for breakfast, then popped out to the Farmer's Market to buy a loaf whilst I tried to warm my voice up a bit. Skipped lunch, as we'd breakfasted rather late. Avoided venturing out until Arsenal v Tottenham had kicked off at 1230. I cycled over to Kentish Town West for my assignation with Valerie Coglan. I parked my bike at Queen's Crescent, and grabbed a coffee at the Gaming Cafe...a game of chess was in action. Wandered round the corner to No.17 Herbert Street. Val welcomed me in...she was looking a little frailer than I had supposed, but then she is 86. Most of the session comprised us having a chat about our respective theatrical pasts...she had trained at LAMDA, graduating in 1958, the year I was born!!! Talked about some useful exercises, and voice management techniques...avoiding dairy products, and wearing a warm scarf...two hours later I headed back to my bike. Got home about 1630...Aki was in the process of cooking a Goan fish curry for dinner. I popped out, dodging drunken Gooners who had swamped the streets outside the local hostelries. The place looked like a landfill site! Bought a rear light for my bike at the little shop on Seven Sisters Road...very helpful bunch in there...sold me a battery operated lamp that screws onto my pannier bracket. Came home and screwed it on...all set for our epic cycle ride into town this evening! Cycled down Farringdon Road, which now has a wide cycleway, and over Blackfriars Bridge...went to see an open air art installation outside the Tate Modern, which included the London Bulgarian Choir singing some beautiful melodies as the installation went through lighting changes and images of birds and moths were projected on to it...walked the bikes back over the Millennium Bridge, then cycled up the Goswell Road to Highbury Corner...should sleep well tonight!!! Got home in time to watch Later with Jools Holland...me old flatmate Chris's daughter Levi was on tonight, giving her all...she's one of Self Esteem's very talented backing singers/dancers. Great stuff from the gal from Brid...

No comments: