Saturday 8 October 2022

Friday 7th October 2002

Up at 0730 to make breakfast and a packed lunch. Headed out for inspections in the west country, making my way along the M4...stopped at Reading Services to grab a coffee, then on to Swindon. I stopped for lunch in the Tesco car park at Cirencester, then headed for Stroud (see photo), and Dursley...the route took me up Selsey Hill, and I kept an eye out for the church where I seem to recall several ancestors are interred, but didn't spot anything. Finished up in Calne, to the south-west of Swindon, and then headed for home along a section of the A4 I hadn't been down before...it took me past the white horse at Cherhill, through Avebury, past Silbury Hill, and West Kennet long barrow...very scenic...I hope to return when it's not raining! Traffic got heavy on the M4 so took the A404 up to High Wycombe to join the M40, but things got very slow there too...didn't get home until 2045, after driving almost 300 miles. Aki had prepared a little Japanese meal to mark the anniversary of her mother's passing. 

No comments: