Wednesday 30 November 2022

Wednesday 30th November 2022

Felt too weary to rise out of bed until around 1100! Read some "David Copperfield"...Aki brought me hot lemon water, and a fruit salad with yoghurt. Rather grey day outside, but still quite mild for the time of year...we have yet to stick the central heating on!!! No work to do....so did some prep work, typing up lyric sheets for Saturday evening's Xmas sing-a-long. Put lunch together. Aki working at the computer, so sent me out to do some shopping at Morrisons. Walked down toward Highbury Corner first, then back up the Holloway Road, so got a bit of exercise. Back in time to watch Australia qualify for the last sixteen, beating Denmark 1-0. France were already through, though they went down 1-0 to Tunisia. Aki cooked mapo and rice for dinner. Drove over to the Tower Theatre to watch the five shorts presented by the Tower Writer's Room...a patchy evening, but there were some excellent performances peppered about. I had come in to watch Martin's performance as Santa, so that I might replicate it tomorrow night (it'll be my turn!). Had a brief chat with Simona in the bar afterward....she's hoping to take her play "About 500" to Edinburgh next summer. I enquired about being in the band for the Tower's 2023 production of "Pal Joey", and she said she'd mention my interest to the MD. 

No comments: