Saturday 16 October 2021

Saturday 16th October 2021

Up at 0730...feeling very weary this morning. Downed a couple of barrels of tea. Aki called. She's arranged to meet three or four removal companies on Monday for quotes regarding the flat clearance in Inage. She also showed off a new black skirt she'd purchased for the trip to Kyushu next week. Rehearsed my guitar and ukulele parts in advance of tomorrow's Tower Theatre gig. Did a bit of work on the computer...still trying to catch up after the petrol shortage debacle. Margaret came round for an update on Aki and we had a conversation through the front window. I gave her a portion of my rice pudding, which has been in the fridge for three weeks or so. I had some for 'lunch'. Aki called, and reckoned it wasn't wise to eat three week old rice pudding, so I put out a distress call to Margaret and got her to chuck it in the nearest bin. I've experienced no adverse reaction, though. Ma and Pa FaceTimed to say that Jim and Karen have agreed to an 'amicable' split, and he had gone up to Morpeth to retrieve his computer prior to taking it in to Scott's office on Monday. While they were on the line, Brett knocked on the front window and passed me a freshly baked cinnamon bun. Mum said it didn't look very appetising...it did look more like a Naughty Fido, but thankfully tasted of cinnamon. Brett said she had made too much beef and Guinness stew, so will off-load some on me tomorrow morning before she goes for tennis! Popped out to Boots to buy a new beard trimmer, as my Philips one is not up to the job of trimming my fulsome growth...bought a Braun on £30 offer. Warmed up my duck and mushroom parmentier for dinner, and practised some guitar backing for I Heard it Through the Grapevine. Watched MOTD...amazing goal from Mo Salah against Watford. Aki called around midnight for a quick chat. Her childhood friend, Ha-chan, has booked four nights in a hotel in Tokyo, so they can go out on the town together once Aki has returned from Kyushu next week. 

No comments: