Wednesday 14 December 2022

Wednesday 14th December 2022

Alarm at 0800. Aki got up and made some tea. I read another chapter of Mas'r Davey before hauling myself up and out of bed. Porridged. Worked at the laptop all morning. Broke to sling lunch together. Carried on for a four hour afternoon stint, breaking at 1800 to cook dinner...made a creamy mushroom and chicken pasta sauce...yum! Stuck my electric guitar and ukulele in the car and headed for Stoke Newington...listened to some of the first half of the France v Morocco World Cup semi-final...Morocco 1-0 at half time. Rehearsal went OK...worked through Fleetwood Mac's "You Make Loving Fun", and by the fourth take I think I had it down pretty good, playing some nice lead guitar fills. "Santa Baby" I tried to play on ukulele, and I just couldn't get one section where Colin wants me to finger pick it...got very tiresome! I was glad when we decided to break, and jumped in the car to head for home. Got in around 2245...Aki had watched the semi, and had really enjoyed Morocco's performance...they came agonisingly close on a couple of occassions, but went down 2-0, so the French march on to Sunday's finale!

No comments: