Monday 30 May 2022

Monday 30th May 2022

Woke to alarm at 0730. Aki got up and made me a mug of tea. Got up and made porridge for breakfast, and warmed up some pea and ham soup to take with me for lunch. Aki had a zoom call with the potential purchaser of her mum's empty flat in Inage. I headed northward in the car...inspections of Borough Council stock in Stevenage. Stopped at South Mimms service station and picked up some lunch items at Waitrose and a coffee at Pret. A couple of fellows dressed much as in the photo on the left asked me where I was headed, hoping for a lift. I assumed they were Morris Men heading to a folk festival, but they turned out to Journeymen, a European order of carpenters, who traditionally journeyed around Europe after completing their apprenticeships...they were headed for the Isle of Man, and the TT!! I had my lunch parked beside the common in Saffron Walden, having used the facilities at the town's Waitrose store, then headed to my final port of call in Stanstead Mountfitchet. Got home around 1815. Aki had cooked up a mapo and rice for dinner, followed by Bon Maman salted caramel creme. I was too tired to stay upright on the sofa so went for a lie down in bed before Aki ran a bath...

No comments: