Tuesday 19 April 2022

Tuesday 19th April 2022

Woke around 0900. Aki brought me a mug of tea, and I sat up in bed working on my lines for Acts 3 & 4. Got up and prepared my ingredients ahead of spending half an hour or so kneading bread dough. Needed to get the milk, and butter, down to room temperature. Pizza and salad for lunch. Walked over to Waitrose to pick up a click and collect delivery...a new non-stick frying pan from John Lewis. Back in time to see my dough rise sufficiently to perform the baking phase...much improved results on last time out, but still not fluffy enough inside...I think I should have let the dough rise a bit higher on it's second proof. Aki baked a trout for dinner, served with cous-cous, lemon and dill. Watched MasterChef, followed by a new adaptation of Kate Atkinson's "Life After Life" for dessert...which felt a bit under-cooked. Not sure it deserves to go through to the next round! 

No comments: