Thursday 28 April 2022

Thursday 28th April 2022

Woke to alarm at 0730. Got up around 0830. Headed off to Hornchurch to do some inspections on a Council Estate there...drove past the Queen's Theatre...quite an impressive looking 60s edifice. Drove on to Langdon Hills, near where I used to live in Basildon some 40 years ago, then on to Wickford, and Billericay before heading home. Had my lunch in Sainsbury's car park near Wickford. Got home around 1630. Had to park in the adjoining street, as the roadworks in Sussex Way are playing havoc with the number of spaces available on the street. Bumped into Kathleen from No.49, with Katerina and Artur, who had arrived today from Odessa. I welcomed them to Sussex Way. Artur is only 3 years old, and they were venturing out to the nearest park so he could play on the swings. I assume his dad has been conscripted into the Odessa defence corps! Hope they get on alright here in North London. Aki cooked a mushroom and pumpkin risotto for dinner, with pan fried asparagus, before heading out to Book Club at No.127. I stayed home and went through my lines, and caught MasterChef. Aki back at 2230...no-one had liked the Fleischman novel, so I was very glad I'd missed out! Virginia Woolf's "The Waves" chosen as the next read...

No comments: