Saturday 2 April 2022

Saturday 2nd April 2022

Woke around 0800. Aki got up and brought a mug of tea to me in bed. Did a little line work in bed while Aki cooked up breakfast. Brett from No.7 came round with a birthday card and some flowers. Aki noticed that Japanese pianist Mitsuko Uchida is coming to the Royal Festival Hall next weekend, to play some Beethoven with the London Philharmonic, so I bought tickets as a belated birthday treat. We walked up to Yerbury Farmer's Market and bought some cheese...some Schlossberger, and some Bigod English brie. Aki bought some vegetables, then we walked home to drop the shopping off. Aki then went on to Waitrose, and I went to see Eglal at Girasole. She sold me a couple pre-baked croissants which we'll have for Aki's birthday breakfast tomorrow morning. I also bought some tiramisu, and a Colomba cake, a traditional Italian Easter treat which I'll save until Easter weekend. Then I walked to Waitrose to buy a small bottle of champers to make bucks fizz tomorrow morning. Cooked a one-pot chicken chasseur for dinner, and we had the tiramisu for afters. Watched the final episode of "Holding", and Brentford putting 4 goals past Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on MOTD...Eriksen got on the scoresheet...remarkable stuff!

No comments: