Saturday 23 July 2022

Friday 22nd July 2022

Alarm at 0730. Got up and did some work at the laptop, then showered, and had breakfast in the pub next door. Headed back west to the Thornbury Estate in Rogerstone, then my route took me further afield, toward Cardiff. Had lunch in a pub in Marshfield. Aki had texted me to say that Kath had tested positive for covid, so I gave her a bell....she sounded full of cold, and said she was running a temperature. She can't work for at least five days. Ended my working day out east, on an extensive estate in Llanmartin. Packed up at 1800 and drove back to the Premier Inn to change my shirt, then headed for Caerleon. As I parked the car, a warning light lit up on the dashboard and a message came up saying the engine management system needed looking at! Great, that's all I need...due to drive home tomorrow morning. Listened to a bit of "Dead Ringers" on R4...great impersonation of Liz Truss...very funny! Ate at The Priory...it was rammed. 

Couldn't get in the car park. It meant service was slow, but I had my book with me, and was quite happy taking my time. Had the swordfish steak, followed by Spanish rice pudding...a cross between rice pudd and a creme brulee...very nice! Drove back to the hotel via the petrol station at Sainsbury's just north of Newport town centre, and took advantage of the jet wash facility to give my car a bit of a clean. Had trouble calling Aki as the signal was poor at the hotel. Did some work at the computer before retiring.

No comments: