Friday 16 September 2022

Thursday 15th September 2022

Woke at 0730...seems to have become a habit, as we haven't been using the alarm. Made tea, and did a bit of work at the computer before breakfast, and putting together a packed lunch. Headed back north-westward, up the M1. Got a warning light on my dash stating that my right rear tyre was losing pressure...stopped at Gateway Services...it looked OK, but I wanted to check it on the air pressure machine at the petrol station...unfortunately, there was a lorry parked there unloading stuff for the forecourt shop, so I risked it and found a petrol station as I headed in to Hemel Hempstead. I was surprised the psi was down to 20...it should be at 35. Pumped the tyre up, and went on my way. Had lunch in the car park at the new Sainsburys in Aylesbury. Drove on to Amersham Old Town, which looks very monied...lovely High Street! Then across to High Wycombe, before ending up on a Council Estate in Beaconsfield. The low tyre pressure warning came on again, and I had to stop at a garage in Beaconsfield to put more air in the tyre. Got home in one piece, but traffic was dreadful...only had time to stick my head in at home...Aki passed me a 'bento box' of rice and salmon. I drove on to Stoke Newington, and ate my dinner sat in the motor outside the theatre. Sean didn't turn up for rehearsal this evening...domestic emergency. Gave Julia a lift to Finsbury Park station, and dropped Pablo, the assistant director, off near the Holloway Odeon. Got in around 2200 and caught the news before bath and bed...

No comments: