Friday 2 September 2022

Friday 2nd September 2022

Aki woke early, but still not feeling well. I got up and made her some tea and porridge for breakfast. Prepared a packed lunch. Set off for Chelmsford at 0930, heading up the M11 for a pit stop at Birchanger Green service station, then eastward via the A120, before dropping southward to Writtle, a pleasant village to the west of Chelmsford. Stopped for lunch on Writtle village green, and found myself a bench over looking the duck pond. Enjoyed my homemade carrot and lentil soup, and a samosa I'd bought at Waitrose in the service station

Some nice houses surrounding the Green, including Tantrums, which seemed eerily quiet as I walked past! Ended my inspections in Rainsford, a north-western suburb of Chelmsford, then turned for home. Got in around 1930. Aki warmed up the spinach and courgette lasagne for dinner, followed by ice cream and raspberry spoom. Watched both Andy Murray, and Jack Draper, fail to make progress at Flushing Meadows...young Jack was forced to retire in the third set with a groin injury. Aki still feeling under the weather, so got herself an early night. I stayed up and watched The News, and did some work on my lines before bed...

No comments: