Saturday 14 August 2021

Friday 13th August 2021

Aki up early to ready herself for a cycle ride over to Springfield Park for a row. Got up and tidied a little before the valuer turned up. He looked over Lynne's flat upstairs first, and then shot round our flat. Reckoned it would all be pretty straight forward. I cycled into Kings Cross afterward, and had a coffee in Coal Drops Yard. Aki rang to say she would cycle over for lunch, so I nipped up to the Samsung store to see if I could garner any advice regarding our TV's refusal to access BBC iPlayer. A very helpful chap called Gregor took me through some things to try, none of which I could recall on leaving!!! Aki and I bought a rice bowl each from a van in the market, and ate on the banks of the canal before walking to Evans Cycles round the corner. I broached the tricky subject of genital parenthesia by showing the guy behind the counter the web page Aki had found on the subject. He recommended a Adamo Berkely ISM saddle, but didn't have any in stock, and he adjusted the handle bars to allow me to sit up and back a bit more. Seemed to do the trick as far as the cycle home was concerned. Rang Louise to say we were due in Worthing at the end of the month...she said she is trying to coordinate a Downs walk for August Bank Holiday Monday, so I told her to count us in. She has sold her house in St Neots, and is looking for a small flat in Worthing. She'll show us around the best bits when we're there, which will be handy. 

No comments: