Tuesday 25 May 2021

Tuesday 25th May 2021

Woken by a spasm of pain in my left arm around 0530, and another at 0630...got up and made a cuppa, then did an hour or so in front of the computer. Several 5 or 6 second spasms of excruciating pain over the course of the morning. Rang the GP to see if I could get the MRI scan hurried up...the receptionist gave me a number for the imaging centre, and I called them to discover that they had requested further information from the GP two weeks ago, and as this hadn't been forthcoming, they had cancelled the referral!!! Got back n touch with the GP and told them to get another referral sent out with the correct information included! Unbelievable...if Aki hadn't encouraged me to ring in the first place, I'd have been none the wiser! What a system...!!! Dr rang later to explain that the admin team at the imaging centre had cocked up, and that she had reiterated the urgency in re-referring me, so fingers crossed. More spasms this afternoon...getting too regular to cope with. Dr prescribed some medication she reckoned may ease the nerve pain specifically, so will give that a go tonight. Aki cooked stuffed cabbage for dinner. Watched a bit of telly...fell asleep on the sofa from exhaustion. Aki woke me at 2230...bath and bed.

No comments: