Friday 7 May 2021

Friday 7th May 2021

 

Aki up and away fairly early to get to rowing club. I took my time rising. Started reading the new book club choice...very intense, but bowls along...so far so good! Walked up to Big Jo's and sat outside with a coffee and babka. Phoned Merlin to see if he fancied coming downstairs for a quick natter, but he was busy...we had a quick natter on the phone instead. Lockdown has been a struggle for him and his muso mates. Walked down to Highbury Fields, and on down Upper Street. Bought some odds and ends in Gill Wing's kitchen shop, and from Borough Kitchen. Picked up Aki's mask from Reiss on Islington Green, then walked the length of Essex Road to Hintons bathrooms for a couple of items. Walked home via Highbury New Park, Highbury Fields, and Waitrose on Holloway Road. Traffic was grid locked almost everywhere I went...even worse when I got to the junction of Hornsey Road and Seven Sisters Road...lots of blaring car horns. The system has almost completely ground to a halt! Found myself walking past No.5 Highbury Grove, where I lived in a top floor bedsit in 1984/85. Happy memories! Cooked aubergine involito for dinner, with a tumbet...took way too much effort, though it was tasty enough...don't think I'll be repeating the experience.

No comments: