Wednesday 29 September 2021

Wednesday 29th September 2021

Woke at 0700. Got up, intending to hit the road early. In the event, didn't manage to get away until 0915. Headed out to Radlett, stopping to grab a coffee at London Gateway services. Big queue for the petrol station there; and at the bottom of Highgate Hill on the A1. Madness!!! Luckily, I have enough to get me round the route today, but will be struggling thereafter. Hopefully things will calm down by the end of this week. There was a petrol station next door to my first inspection...it was empty, on all counts! Aki rang to say she'd been up to her mum's old flat in Inage...Nobby had driven her there, but when they arrived she realised she'd left the flat keys behind! They had to make a second trip in the afternoon. Headed on to St Albans, and Potters Bar, then to a couple of very smart new-build developments in Waltham Cross. Stopped for a late lunch in Hoddesdon at my favourite fish and chip shop...had the lunchtime special. Delicious! Ended the working day in the village of Buntingford, then headed back for Holloway. Roads were very busy...I had a 1800 zoom meeting with the Tower Theatre bunch, but didn't get home till 1815. Joined the meet as soon as I got in, still in my suit and tie! Nothing much has progressed since last week. Simona's put feelers out for singers, but no-one has yet committed! May not happen at all at this rate. Warmed up the pork belly for dinner, with rice and broccoli. Watched "I Care A Lot" on the home cinema set up. Pretty silly crime caper...it got good reviews, I recall, but was a couple of hours of utter nonsense. Rosamund Pike was very good in it, though.

No comments: