Sunday 9 April 2023

Sunday 9th April 2023

Woken at 0400 by violent coughing. Seems to be getting worse by the day. Got up and made myself a mug of tea, and sat up on the sofa waiting for my breathing to calm down. Spent some time penning an email to the Welsh contingent, warning them that, unless there's some kind of miraculous intervention come Easter Monday, I won't be fit enough to undertake inspections from Tuesday, as planned. Will have to cancel my hotel bookings. Watched a bit of telly and drank a couple of mugs of peppermint tea with added lemon and honey. Went back to bed at 0800 and slept till 1000. Aki had cycled off to Rowing Club by then. I had planned to join her for Sunday roast there later, but didn't feel up to it. Porridged. Went for a late afternoon walk once Aki had returned, as the sun was shining. Walked up to Archway, and bought some chicken legs at the halal butcher on Holloway Road. Roasted one for my dinner, with roast potatoes, vegetables, bread sauce, and gravy. Aki had a bit of mine...the leg was huge! I think it could have done with an extra 15 minutes in the oven, as it proved a little tough getting the meat off the bone. Watched a bit of telly, including ep 3 of "Great Expectations"...it's all getting a bit one-note as we move to dirty old London town in the company of the despicably evil Mr Jaggers. Aki decided she ought to sleep in the spare room to put a little distance between her and my cough...

No comments: