Saturday 22 April 2023

Monday 17th April 2023

Got up about 0800. Descended downstairs... Nige made me a tea, and toasted a bagel, which sufficed for breakfast, with some raspberry jam smeared on it. Talked about a plan of action over the coming week, then I packed my bag and jumped in the motor before Julie surfaced. Spent most of the day doing inspections in and around Port Talbot. Had my lunch in a cafe on the beach at Aberavon...£9 for a jacket potato and baked beans! I visited the loo afterward, and as I pressed the push button flush, it sprung off and landed in the toilet bowl! I tried in vain the fish it out with the toilet brush, so had to go confess to the chef. He told me he'd see to it...I advised him to don elbow length rubber gloves! Ended my working day in Margam, then drove into Swansea and booked in to the Premier Inn at the bottom of Wind Street. There was no plug by the bed, so I had to go and ask if the hotel could supply me with a cable extension so I could plug my CPAP machine in...I needed three extensions in the end! Wandered over the road to Morgan's Hotel to try them out for dinner...it's a big hotel, and beyond the Savills budget for a stay, but the food was reasonable...had the chicken supreme. Strange little restaurant space though, in a sort of mezzanine basement area, quite small and cramped, with timbered internal walls and no windows....don't think I'll be rushing back. 

No comments: