Tuesday 25 April 2023

Monday 24th April 2023

Fitful night’s sleep. Nodded off in Room 3 around 2330 only to be woken at midnight by someone trying to enter my room…glad I’d locked the door! I shouted at them to bugger off, which seemed to do the trick. Woken again at 0230 by pain in the abdomen…thought I’d gotten food poisoning at the Indian restaurant! Managed to nod off again but woke at 0530 worrying about whether I needed to stay another night at the B&B in Newtown! By the time the alarm went off at 0730 I was exhausted! Got up and showered then went down to the breakfast room. Mentioned last night’s experience to the hostess. It transpired it was a woman who had been sleep walking who had tried to get into Room 3 last night…she had mistaken it for Room 4, but had ended up in vacant Room 8…!!! She came in for breakfast and confessed, apologising profusely. She had won the ladies singles in a pool competition last night and had had a bit too much to drink by way of celebration. Eggs Benedict for breakfast…very good. Checked out and spent the morning on a housing estate on the western edge of Newtown. Drove back into the town centre to pick up some lunch from Costa, which I ate in a lay-by on the road to Llandrindod Wells…beautiful drive south through verdant rolling countryside, despite the wet weather. Got to my next inspection in Crofty, on the Gower Peninsula, around 1600. Got to Nigel and Julie’s around 1900. Nige drove us down to the Miller’s Arms in Ynysforgan for dinner…it was pretty poor. 

No comments: