Tuesday 25 April 2023

Sunday 23rd April 2023

Woke around 0800 after a decent night's sleep. Got up and made tea, which we drank in bed. Rose to cook breakfast. Needed to do a couple of hours work before lunch. Aki cycled off to watch the second half of the Regatta at the Rowing Club, despite it spitting with rain, so I waved her off from the living room window. Had a bite to eat then packed my bags. Gave ma and pa a quick call. Headed north westward at 1415. National emergency alarm sounded on my iPhones as I was driving onto the Westway. Stopped for petrol in High Wycombe and picked up a coffee. Traffic ok until I got on the M42 at Birmingham but cleared by the time I hit the M54. Weather not too good though…a couple of very heavy downpours and lots of spray. Got to Newtown at 1915 just as the FA Cup semi final went into penalties…Man Utd beat Brighton 7-6 to set up a final with Man City! Checked in to the B&B at Parker’s House in the town centre. Well appointed if a little cramped. The town is very pleasant. Sits on the River Severn 10 miles west of Welshpool. It’s very well kept…the streets seem remarkably clean. Had dinner at the Gulshan on the High Street…very friendly staff. The food was passable. Back in my room I watched MOTD2…which featured Newcastle’s extraordinary 6-1 win over Spurs!

No comments: