Monday 18 March 2024

Wednesday 13th March 2024

Woke at 0800. Aki already up readying herself for Rowing Club. She brought me a mug of tea. Got up and porridged. Warmed some soup to take on my travels. Packed a bag and headed for Strood, stopping for petrol at Manor House, and calling in at IKEA in Greenwich to pick up Aki’s mini glasshouse from click and collect. Disappointed to discover the MHS tenants hadn’t received the promised letters warning of my coming, so had to work hard to get in to any property. Stopped to have my soup on Church Green, overlooking the Medway. Managed to get into 15 properties by close of play, much to my surprise. Checked in at Premier Inn in Gillingham. Drove to the Ship & Trades for dinner…new menu. Had confit of duck on a Belgian waffle topped with a fried egg, and a maple and sesame sauce…very odd...it craved the addition of some vegetables. 

No comments: