Monday 4 March 2024

Sunday 3rd March 2024

Woke around 0800. Aki got up and made tea. I read in bed for a bit. Aki cooked breakfast, then headed off for Rowing Club. Managed to FaceTime Kath, who was relaxing at home...she said she could pick me up from the Central Station tomorrow afternoon, as she's working at Chilli Bizarre until 1500. Worked at the computer for a couple of hours. Caught a bus to Finsbury Park, then changed for the No.106 to Stoke Newington. Walked down Church Street looking for a possible light lunch stop...but baulked at the £17.50 price tags for a sandwich! Ended up in Pret A Manger instead, and took a tuna melt toastie out with me, and ate in the Tower Theatre bar. Rosanna and George were there, as they too are on the Auditions Panel this afternoon. A bit embarrassing, as George has been hoping I'd play Pompey in his forthcoming production of "Measure for Measure", but I hadn't realised auditions were being held tomorrow...I explained my situation, and counted myself out of contention. Saw four males, and one female...all good enough to get over the line. Got the No.254 bus home via Stamford Hill. Cooked an apple and pear crumble, and fried some mushrooms to have with the cavolo nero pasta sauce, which we poured over the tortelloni...worked very well. Watched "A White White Day", a quirky Icelandic thriller before bath and bed...

No comments: