Tuesday 12 March 2024

Tuesday 12th March 2024

Woke at 0800 after a decent night's sleep, though my bad hernia repair is giving me much grief. Got up and made tea, and plonked myself at the computer. Lots of writing up still to do after the inspections I did in Chatham before heading north. Aki ventured out into the rain, on a mission to visit Tammi for lunch in Earlsfield. I broke for lunch at 1300 and did some gentle exercises... could really do with a lengthy walk, but the rain looks set in for the day. Managed some more work at the computer in the afternoon. Aki returned around 1700. I cooked a creamy chicken and mushroom pasta sauce for dinner, which we ate with tagliatelle. Nowt much on telly. Andy Smith rang out of the blue...he's in London tonight, but too short notice to get him over here for the Open Mic night. Had a quick chat and he promised to give me more notice next time he's in town. Told me that his dad is now 93...lives in West Jesmond with his partner, and is in relatively good health, though very forgetful. I spent an hour or so trying, and eventually succeeding, in sticking some cash into my Savills Pension pot before the end of the financial year. Early bath and bed...

No comments: