Thursday 15 February 2024

Wednesday 14th February 2024

Aki's alarm went off at 0730, but the weather looked too inclement for her to contemplate cycling off to the Rowing Club. I got up and made pancakes, having forgotten to make them yesterday. Did a little work at the computer before heading for Crouch End on the No.91 bus for my appointment at SpecSavers. The guy there recommended I go with SpecSavers brand, rather than the much more expensive high-end brands. The hearing aid is chargeable, and they call you in for a service every six months. Astonishingly, he said there's a three month trial period, during which I can change my mind! Think I'll investigate the NHS route before I make a final decision, bearing in mind the sums involved. Walked back via Crouch Hill and Stroud Green. Popped in on Eglal at Girasole in the hope of buying some burrata for tonight's starter, but she didn't have any. Neither did Lidl, Morrisons, nor Waitrose, so I ended up getting a No.43 bus down to Highbury Corner and found some in Harvest. Picked up some ice cream from Waitrose on the way home. Had some of Aki's cauliflower soup for lunch. I sat on the sofa and did a little work on my laptop, then we started prepping the Valentine Day dinner. I made an orange and chilli dressing to have with the burrata, and roasted some hazelnuts and kale to sprinkle on top. Aki cooked Dover sole with a caper sauce, and potato thins on the side. We had Eglal's Nonna's tart for afters, with a dollop of ice cream. Bath and bed...

No comments: