Thursday 23 March 2023

Thursday 23rd March 2023

 

Alarm at 0730. Hauled myself out of bed at 0750. Warmed some soup to take in my lunch box. Porridged and downed a large mug of tea before heading back out to Biggleswade. Stopped off at Sainsbury's there to pick up some odds and ends, then found myself heading for surrounding villages. I had to ford Potton Brook in the village of Sutton...the arched bridge is for pedestrian traffic. Found myself back at Sainsburys in Biggleswade, where I had my lunch in the car in the car park. Ended the working day to the north in the village of Tempsford, then turned for home. Got home at 1815, and worked at the computer until dinner was served...Aki cooked mackerel in a Japanese style sauce, which we ate with sticky rice, tofu, and miso soup. Watched England scrape a narrow win in their opening Euro qualifying game against Italy, despite losing Luke Shaw to a red card. 'Arry Kane scored his 54th international goal, taking him top of the list of all time top scorers, above Wayne Rooney, and Bobby Charlton.

No comments: