Wednesday 1 March 2023

Wednesday 1st March 2023

Woke around 0800...Aki got up to ready herself for Rowing Club. I got up and porridged. Did an hour or so at the computer...no work lined up for March...I need a rest, frankly! Set off on a late morning constitutional up Highgate Hill. Bumped into Carlos, who I found outside No.36 trying in vain to alert Jane to the fact that she'd accidentally locked him out. We could see her in the back garden, but she evidently couldn't hear her phone going off in the kitchen. They'd had a goood time in Barcelona, and had stopped off in Paris for a couple of nights on the way back...as we chatted, Carlos inadvertently let one fly, but neither of us mentioned it, letting it float off on the breeze! I walked up to Archie's for a coffee, and finished the final chapter of "Right-ho, Jeeves". Did a little shopping on my way back home. Aki was back when I got in, and I heated up the remains of the tomato risotto, which we ate with salad and lots of Parmesan cheese. Aki had a meeting with Helen and Martin at Spoke mid afternoon. I started prepping tonight's meal...I made a bread sauce, and carrot puree, then roasted a couple of chicken legs once Aki had returned. Watched FA Cup football on the telly...Sheffield United knocking out Spurs to go through to the quarter-finals, where they'll meet Blackburn Rovers. 

No comments: