Sunday 19 March 2023

Sunday 19th March 2023

Relatively sound night's sleep....a bit of a dry cough come the morning, but better than it's been of late. Aki up and breakfasted by the time I rose, and she cycled off to the Rowing Club. I porridged, then packed my guitar and drove over to Stoke Newington to rehearse with Bebop. She's got a good bluesy sounding voice, but tries to do a bit too much with it...but early days, we'll see how it goes. We worked on "I Can't Stand the Rain", and "Stormy Monday", and I promised to take a look at Ray Charles's "I Got a Woman" for next rehearsal. I put the guitar in the boot of the car afterward, and wandered down Stoke Newington High Street. Had my brunch in Cafe Z...haven't been in there for about 12 years! They've expanded into the unit next door. I enjoyed a yumurta with three fried eggs, and garlic sausage. The coffee wasn't up to much, though. Drove back before the Arsenal game finished. Mum FaceTimed from 12 High View...Kath, Jim and Emma were there, so we managed a wee chat with everybody. Emma has put in an offer on a ground floor flat conversion in Wallsend, so they await further developments. watched the Man United v Fulham FA Cup quarter-final...Fulham were bossing it until Willian handballed in the penalty area and Mitrovic lost his rag...they were both sent off, and the Reds went on to win 3-1. Warmed up the Spanish chicken and chorizo stew for dinner. Watched "Wild Isles" and another episode of "Daisy Jones & the Six" before shower and bed...

No comments: