Thursday 5 September 2024

Wednesday 4th September 2024

Aki up with alarm at 0730. I woke at 0945! Hauled myself out of bed, by which time Aki had long since cycled off to Rowing Club. Porridged. Ventured out back to hang out the washing...being very careful with the glazed back door, with it's shattered glass. I couldn't face the thought of traipsing through Margaret's next door. Did a little Witch rehearsal. Aki cycled home for lunch. Walked round to the GP surgery to see the Healthcare Assistant and have my blood pressure checked. She thought it OK (118 over 94), but referred me to a personal trainer! I then walked up to Archway to get an x-ray of my left shoulder at the Imaging Department, Whittington Hospital. Walked back down to Lower Holloway via Aldi's. Back home, I read some Dickens...Nicholas Nickleby has joined an itinerant theatre troupe, and makes his debut on the provincial stage...all very entertaining! Phoned mum and dad...they seem to be doing OK. Dad has remained off the morphine, but seems to be coping well...now using his walking stick rather than the Zimmer frame. Aki baked trout for dinner. Watched a very enlightening documentary on the rise of President Zelensky...elected for promising to rid the nation of it's greedy oligarchs, but never thinking for a moment he'd soon be at war with Putin. His comedy career was stellar, forming his own production company, and selling shows to Russia.

No comments: