Wednesday 11 September 2024

Tuesday 10th September 2024

Got up at 1000. Porridged. Mucked about in the back bedroom with my new guitar pedal, trying vainly to find the right sounds. Read some Nickleby. Aki made ramen soup for lunch. Did some pruning of the wisteria out front...as I pulled at one long strand that I'd cut, it brought down Lynne's two duck flower planters on her window ledge. They lurched off the window sill, unable to fly, smashing to pieces on the paving slab below! I had to ring her doorbell and pass on the bad news. We had a little chat about the on-going search for a roofer. She said she had a short video that a past contender had made, and sent it across to us. The roof looks in a state where it meets the parapet walls...may have to look in to the possibility of an insurance claim! It started to raining, so I retreated from the front garden, and resumed my guitar wig-out in the back room. Aki made some dal, which we had with the last of the fish curry. Watched a bit of telly. Early bath and bed ahead of tomorrow's planned visit from the window repair team...

No comments: