Wednesday 18 September 2024

Tuesday 17th September 2024

Aki up early to ready herself for a cycle ride to Camden for a work meeting. I languished in bed until about 0945. Got up and porridged. Aki had put some washing on before she cycled off, and I hung it out to dry in the back yard. Caught up with my blog, adding photos from our French trip. Aki back for lunch, having popped into Waitrose on her way home. Tried the cheeses we'd bought yesterday in Paris...very tasty! I went out for a walk after lunch, leaving Aki working at the computer. I wandered down to Highbury Fields and back in the sunshine...rather warmer outside than I'd anticipated. Popped into Waitrose to do a bit more shopping on the way home. Aki was in bed napping when I got in. Did half-an-hour's work on the songs in the first half of The Witch show, then prepared dinner, cooking up some lentils with onions and pancetta, to accompany the last of the chicken cacciatore I'd cooked last week. Watched a BBC interview with writer Hanif Kureishi, who is now in a wheelchair after blacking out and falling, breaking his neck and severing nerves that have lead him to be pretty well paralysed from the chest down. He was very engaging, looking back on his writing career and many successes, and his coming to terms with the fact that life was now going to be very different to how he'd imagined it, though he continues to write, in collaboration with his sons. It was an inspiring watch. Early bath before bed...

No comments: