Sunday 8 September 2024

Sunday 8th September 2024

Sound of thunder and heavy rain woke me around 0215...the lightening was very near, lighting up the bedroom. Aki slept on unawares (she had her earplugs in). Woke around 0945...hauled myself out of bed. Porridged. Aki had egg on toast, before cycling off to Rowing Club. Read some Dickens with my coffee. Spent most of the morning working through "Witch" numbers on my electric guitar, in the back bedroom. Think I made some progress. Aki lunching at the Cafe next the Rowing Club, so prepared myself a late lunch. Grey day, with intermittent heavy rain, so didn't venture out. Aki had to dodge a downpour on her cycle ride back home...she popped into Waitrose on the way to get some ingredients for tonight's fish curry. Rehearsed some more...my left arm was aching, so I gave up and had a lie down on the living-room floor. Aki served the curry with rice, followed by tiramisu and creme fraiche. Did some research ahead of our forthcoming trip to Paris, pinpointing some possible museum visits, and restaurants within striking distance of our hotel. Bath and bed...

No comments: