Thursday 12 September 2024

Wednesday 11th September 2024

Fitful night’s sleep. Kept waking to find myself worrying about the state of the roof! Aki up early to ready herself for Rowing Club. She woke me at 0845 to get me up…I waved her off and got the dust sheets out in readiness to greet the window replacement man. Porridged. Window replacement man turned up...he was done within the hour! Sat and read some Dickens before Aki returned for lunch. Managed to finish pruning the wisteria in between showers. Borrowed Margaret's extendable shears. Cooked a chicken cacciatore for dinner, which I served with broccoli and polenta. Packed our bags prior to tomorrow's trip to Paris. Watched the second episode of "The Zelensky Story"...the mood darkens as he is forced become a war-time president. Bath and bed...

No comments: