Sunday 2 June 2024

Wednesday 29th May 2024

Alarm at 0730. Hauled myself out of bed and had tea at the computer. Uploaded the photos I'd taken yesterday. Aki cycled off to Rowing Club. I finished packing and made myself a sandwich to eat on the train. Caught a No.91 bus to Kings Cross…got there in good time. Sat with a coffee at Pret a Manger. Train was running on time…we departed at 1218…the seat next to mine was also reserved, but the occupant didn’t show up, so I had room to spread out a bit and enjoy my sandwich lunch. Read some Dickens. Got into Newcastle Central station on time, and reached the western car park just as Kath and mum drove up to collect me. Traffic pretty bad. Dad was sat out in the sun in the back garden when we turned up at High View. Both he and mum looking a bit frail, but soldiering on in their usual indomitable way. Kath had put together a lavish salad for an early dinner, as she had to slope off to work. Sat about and chatted for a bit before opting for an early night…need to rise early tomorrow.

No comments: