Thursday 13 June 2024

Wednesday 12th June 2024

Woke to alarm at 0800. Aki brought me a mug of tea, but I got up in order to cook Jim some breakfast before he headed back to Kings Cross. Aki left to cycle off to Rowing Club, and I walked Jim round to the No.91 bus stop around the corner. Came home and pottered about for a bit before doing some exercises. Aki rang to say she'd lunch at the cafe next the Rowing Club...I made do with peanut butter on toast, having cooked myself and Jim a generous brunch. Rehearsed some Bowie. Aki got back around 1400. I finished off reading "Coming Through Slaughter"...a great read, full of invention. Aki made dad's Father's Day card, and posted it off. I kneaded some pasta dough ahead of tonight's dinner. Made tagliatelle which we had with the defrosted ragu. Nowt much on telly. Watched a Japanese film called "Father of the Milky Way Railroad", about the short life of a famous Japanese poet who died of tuberculosis in the 1930s. It was OK, but a little shallow...looked as if they'd planned to aim at children.

No comments: