Monday 10 June 2024

Monday 10th June 2024

Fitful night's sleep, for some reason...felt like I was waking every half hour or so...kept getting images from The Piano Concert programme I'd watched last night, and images of Michael Mosley on a Greek hillside beneath a midday sun! Aki got up at 0830 and made tea. I read in bed for a bit, before getting up to porridge. Aki decided to trim the hedge out front before the rains swept in. I helped tidy up, then we wandered over to Waitrose to do a shop. Had some lunch when we got home. I made raspberry spoom, and a mushroom and coconut curry ahead of tomorrow evening. Did some vacuuming and cleaning. I warmed up the chicken and mushroom pie for dinner, with some cavolo nero on the side. Walked up to Hanley Road for gospel choir rehearsal. Seem to be different people there almost every week...that said, there was a much better turnout of tenors (though I'm singing an octave below them...a single bass baritone). Our gig is only a month away now. Chatted in the break with the bloke sitting next to me...Marcus, from Germany...somewhere near Lake Constance. We walked home afterward. Nowt on telly so read for a while before soaking in the bath and listening to Night Tracks on R3.

 

No comments: