Tuesday 30 July 2024

Monday 29th July 2024

Fitful night's sleep. Aki up before me, as she had work to do at the computer. I got up and porridged. Watched the Men's Olympic Mountain Bike Final...extraordinary performance from the Brit, who came from ninth after a tyre puncture, to pip the Frenchman at the line for Gold. Walked over to the GP to report the fact that I needed them to re-refer me for two inguinal scans; they arranged for the physician's associate to phone me next week when in Newcastle. Walked to Waitrose and did some shopping. Temperatures rising outside...forecast to hit 30C this afternoon. Walked back to find Aki preparing lunch...she made a bean and lemon salad, which we had with ham and toast. Watched a bit more telly, then headed back to Holloway Road to get Aki the ingredients for my birthday cake. Warmed up the chicken cacciatore for dinner, and made mashed potatoes...very tasty. Ought to try it out on ma and pa next week. Penned a couple of emails ahead of our trip to Scotland next week. 

No comments: