Friday 26 July 2024

Thursday 25th July 2024

Rose around 0900. Porridged. Drove the car to the VW service centre in Colindale for an MOT. Dropped it off, and walked back to Colindale tube station, only to discover it had been demolished! Sat in the Costa cafe opposite and had a coffee, and read some Dickens, then walked north through the new housing development, which lead me to the open space of Montrose Playing Fields...nice wide footpath/cycle path, and lots of greensward. The northern end of it brought me out into Burnt Oak, and I got on a tube train there. Got out at Camden Town, and took a No.29 bus home. Aki busy vacuuming. I slung a tuna salad lunch together. Did some work on one of the "Witch" numbers, trying to decipher the music for my guitar...took awhile, but got there in the end. By 1645 I still hadn't heard anything from VW. Aki suggested I phone them, and they said the car was ready...it meant having to rush out and jump on a bus to Camden Town, then take the Northern Line to Burnt Oak. The service centre closes at 1800, and by the time I'd trotted through Montrose Playing Fields, I got there about 5 minutes late...fortunately, they were still dealing with another customer, so I caught them before they shut up shop for the day. The car had passed it's MOT, and they'd given it a long-overdue clean...looked almost brand new! Drove home. Got in around 1900...Aki had cooked an okra and aubergine curry, which we ate with rice. It was rather flavourless. Worked on some Kinks numbers before bath and bed...

No comments: