Tuesday 23 July 2024

Tuesday 23rd July 2024

Woke around 0930. Aki brought me a mug of tea and I read some Dickens before getting up and porridging. Sat around reading and listening to music for most of the morning while Aki worked at the computer. I put a ham salad lunch together. Spent some time going through the Kinks songs ahead of this evening's rehearsal at St Luke's. Aki popped out to Waitrose to get some odds and ends. Muggy afternoon. We had some aubergine tortelloni for dinner, with a pizzaiola sauce, roast aubergine and vegetables. Walked up to St Luke's for final rehearsal before Saturday's gig at Alexandra Palace. Good turnout. We were allocated seats. I ended up next to a bloke who was a bit all over the place at times, but generally I think it was the best session yet. We worked through the whole programme, so didn't break till gone 2200. Walked home. Aki in the shower. She wants to get up early tomorrow to go rowing...she can't get enough of it!!!

No comments: