Tuesday 9 July 2024

Tuesday 9th July 2024

 

Woke around 0900. Got up and porridged. Aki worked at the computer until 1100, then we hopped on a No.254 bus to Finsbury Park station, and took a Victoria Line train to Oxford Circus. Walked down to John Lewis's and exchanged some £'s for Euros at their fifth floor Bureau de Change. I left Aki in the women's clothes section and walked down to M&S to buy some white boxers to wear under my new white trousers, which are a little see-through in the nether regions! Wandered down North Audley Street afterward and got myself a coffee in the Mercato, and read some Lampedusa. Walked back to Tottenham Court Road in the rain, via Grosvenor Square and Great Marlborough Street, and caught a No.29 bus home. Got in around 1430 and had a bite to eat. Sat on the sofa to watch some tennis. Spent about an hour trying to figure out why my vodafone app doesn't recognise me...ended up having to speak to customer services in India or somewhere...struggled with the operator's Indian accent, but thought she'd set me to rights...but I still couldn't get the app to work! Very frustrating. Aki cooked salmon and a stir-fry for dinner, then I had to rush off to Vox Holloway rehearsal. Good turnout this evening. But I'm still struggling with certain sections...running out of rehearsal time! I'll miss next Tuesday's session. Got home in time to catch the last five minutes of the France v Spain semi-final...the Spanish got through 2-1, a victory embellished by a fine goal from their 16-year old star...astonishing stuff! Aki did some packing before shower and bed...

No comments: