Thursday 2 May 2024

Wednesday 1st May 2024

Aki up with alarm at 0730. She brought me a mug of tea. I got up and porridged, then wandered round to the GP surgery. Saw yet another new doctor...Dr. Sahar Abdulrahman...very pleasant lady. She's going to refer me to the spinal unit for a check up on my herniated neck. Headed into town on inspections...took the tube to Tottenham Court Road, then walked down to Holborn. Repaired to Foyle's Bookshop Cafe for a coffee, before hopping on a No.24 bus to Westminster. Something evidently kicking off either in Trafalgar Square, or in Whitehall, as the bus was diverted down Shaftesbury Avenue, so didn't get any where near Westminster. Had to walk up Victoria Street from Victoria station. Did some inspections before breaking for lunch at Pret a Manger on Victoria Street. Managed to get into about 15 units on two pretty rough 1920s era Peabody Trust Estates behind the Department for Work and Pensions. Had what looked like an XL Bully throw itself at me after I knocked on the owner's front door...it went for my forearm, but missed, and was manhandled back into the flat. Bit shook up after that! Managed to get round without further mishap, then headed for the bus stop...waited for about 15 minutes for a No.24 bus, but it was full, so walked down to Victoria Station and got the Victoria Line back to Finsbury Park. Aki cooked pasta and we finished off the cavolo nero sauce we'd made last weekend. Read some Dickens while Aki partook of a zoom meeting with her Japanese JCUK chums, then I went for an early bath and bed...exhausted.

No comments: