Sunday 26 May 2024

Sunday 26th May 2024

Woke around 0900 feeling very weary. Aki got up to ready herself for a cycle ride to Rowing Club. She cooked brunch before setting off. I sat at the computer for a bit to write up some of the inspections I'd done on Friday. Wandered over to Waitrose to get some fish for tonight's dinner. Took a rather circuitous route in order to get a little exercise, as the weather was good. Walked down to Highbury Fields, and popped in to buy some focaccia at Harvest opposite Highbury & Islington station, then headed back up the Holloway Road to do a small shop in Waitrose. The heavens opened on my walk back home, and I had to take shelter for a few minutes or risk getting soaked (or sunaked, as it's now referred to). Aki got caught on her bike ride home from Rowing Club. Read some Dickens. We had mussels in a cream sauce for dinner, followed by my Spanish fish and chorizo stew with flageolet beans, and I made a dessert using a shortbread biscuit I'd bought on Friday, crushing it up to form a buttery biscuit base, and topping that with cream, strawberries, and ice cream. Nowt much on telly so read some more Dickens, and listened to my baritone parts on several of the Kinks songs I've been rehearsing with Vox Holloway. Bath and bed...

No comments: