Tuesday 3 January 2023

Tuesday 3rd January 2023

Set alarm at 0730 in an attempt to recalibrate my body clock in the run up to returning to work. Dozed to R4 for an hour or so. Got up and porridged. Read a bit of David Copperfield before getting back under the sink. Removed the rubber seal, and walked round to the bathroom showroom round the corner, where we got the Franke sink from about five years ago. But they were clueless, despite my showing them the old seal. The guy at the DIY shop on Hornsey Road suggested I visit the plumber's merchant on Hornsey Rise, so caught a No.91 bus up there in the rain. They were helpful, but suggested I get in touch with Franke. I walked back down Hornsey Road in the rain, pausing at Tesco to get some milk and some odds and ends. Aki cooked a noodle soup for lunch, then departed for Brixton, where she was due to meet Tokiko and her builder to thrash out some decisions on finishes. I re-sealed the kitchen waste so I could do the washing up, then did a couple of hours work at the laptop. Aki got home about 1645 bearing a loaf. I cooked up a creamy mushroom and chicken pasta sauce for dinner, which we had with manfredi and mange tout. Watched episode 2 of "Stonehouse" ...can't remember how the real story ended, so am hooked in to the bitter end!

No comments: