Thursday 12 January 2023

Thursday 12th January 2023

Woke at 0800. Lousy night's sleep...my damaged finger was very sore and kept me awake for a couple of hours. Aki brought me some tea. Got up and porridged, and slung a packed lunch together. Drove east once more, picking Leon up near Upton Park tube station. We revisited several postcodes, but didn't have much luck today. Took a detour to Tesco in Barking to pick up a coffee and some lunch items, before heading back toward Plaistow. Had gotten into only four units, one or two of them very grim, by the time we parked up for a late lunch overlooking West Ham Park. Needed a comfort break afterward, so drove to Tesco at Bromley by Bow, by which time it was pouring with rain and had got very gloomy. Decided to call it a day, as conditions were so unpleasant, and I dropped Leon off at Highbury Corner before driving to Harringay to stick some petrol in the tank. Got home around 1600. Aki already back and sat at the computer. I worked on my laptop at the dining table. Warmed up the parmigiana lasagne for dinner, followed by poached pear. Read some David Copperfield...some of the writing is getting a bit over wrought...repeated phrases in sentences that basically say the same thing over and again, which could be more economical. Don't think I'm going to finish it by the time Book Club meets next Thursday, though! Took bandage off my damaged finger...looks clean enough...I gave it a little soap and water under a running tap, then put a fresh band aid on it. 

No comments: