Friday 13 January 2023

Friday 13th January 2023

Woke to alarm at 0800. Aki up to ready herself for a site meeting. She brought me tea. Got up and porridged, and warmed some pea and ham soup for my packed lunch. Aki departed for Kings Cross, and I drove eastward to target East Ham and Plaistow. Took a coffee break at Tesco in Barking, and lunched in the car parked up in a side street. Managed to get into 8 houses today, so bringing the running total up to 40...over halfway there, now! Drove home via Hackney and Dalston. Aki at the computer when I got in, so I worked on my laptop at the dining table before cooking dinner...griddled lemon chicken fillet with a fruity cous cous, followed by cheese and biscuits. Watched a bit of telly...the Hairy Bikers were in Northumberland, visiting a Michelin starred restaurant in Wall, called Hjem...the chef is Norwegian, but sources his ingredients locally. Read some David Copperfield before shower and bed...

No comments: