Sunday 22 January 2023

Sunday 22nd January 2023

Aki up to make tea, and start on brunch...too cold to consider going rowing, but one of their number was celebrating a birthday, and they were having a gathering over Sunday lunch in the clubhouse. I declined the invitation, as I needed to progress the DIY on the boiler cupboard. I managed to glue a runner apron to the wall, around the hole which had taken the poorly fitted over extractor hood flue, and glued a circular grille onto that successfully. I nipped over the see the boys in the DIY shop on Hornsey Road, and bought a couple of cupboard door magnets. Aki had cycled off by the time I returned. I lunched on cheese on toast and fridge cake, then set about building a frame to take the top boxing cover...I then had to cut some MDF for the boxing cover, by which time it was getting dark (I had set up the workmate in the back yard). It fitted like a glove, but I broke to make dinner before I could fix it more permanently into place...made a chicken fricasse for dinner, with fried potatoes and some vegetables on the side. We ate it on the sofa watching Jon Snow in Japan as he researched the possibility of longevity as he enters old age. Watched "Happy Valley" before the News...then read some David Copperfield before shower and bed...

No comments: