Sunday 8 January 2023

Sunday 8th January 2023

Woke around 0830. Aki up to ready herself for Rowing Club. She brought me a mug of tea. Aki cooked omelette for breakfast, then cycled off to Springfield Park. I cycled in to Stoke Newington. I was on the general auditions panel at the Tower, with Roseanne, who acts and dabbles in a bit of directing...and Louisa, who I'd never met before. Stephen Brasher ushered twelve hopefuls in, one after the other, and with the exception of a very ill prepared actress who insisted on delivering two pieces of dialogue, rather than monologue, everyone passed the admittedly rather low threshold. That said, there were three or four excellent prospects, and I look forward to hopefully seeing them in something at the Tower soon. We were finished by 1345, and I mounted my steed for the homeward journey. I hadn't gone far when it started spitting with rain...I decided to pedal on, and duly got a thorough soaking for my trouble. Aki was already home when a bedraggled version of myself washed over the threshold. I peeled my soaked jeans from my thighs, and jumped in the shower. Spent most of the afternoon recovering on the sofa watching FA Cup football. The Fourth Round draw saw Reading awarded with an away game at Old Trafford, and Sunderland will be away at Fulham. Aki warmed up the fish curry, and cooked a tasty dahl to go with it. Watched episode 1 of the final season of "Happy Valley"...Sarah Lancashire as excellent as per usual. Read some David Copperfield before retiring for the night.

No comments: