Friday 27 January 2023

Friday 27th January 2023

Aki up early to ready herself for Rowing Club. I dozed in bed for a bit, then got up and made tea...got back into bed to read a bit of "A Burning", the last but one Book Club choice...I'm still catching up after only finishing David Copperfield yesterday! Got up and made porridge. Aki cycled off to Rowing Club. I spent most of the morning at the computer doing research on a couple of small jobs. Broke for lunch when Aki got home. I popped out to Waitrose to get some milk and some ingredients to make a venison hot pot for my dinner tonight. Bumped into Duncan from No.9 on the way back home...had a chat in the street, and promised to give him a knock if I was playing the N19 open mic nite. Made us a tasty salad with chorizo tortilla and bresaola for lunch, then got back in front of the computer screen. Aki headed out for Marylebone...she has been invited to a farewell dinner for her former Takenaka boss, who is due to go back to Japan. I started cooking around 1730, and realised that it needed 4 hours in the oven! So I dined on a tin of dried fish in fermented black beans that I'd bought in the Chinese supermarket in Colindale a month or so ago...ate it cold, with rice and quinoa. The fish looked like a mummified child's foot, but the black beans were very tasty, if a bit on the salty side. Watched Man City knock Arsenal out of the FA Cup. Aki got home, a little tipsy after her office reunion, at around 2315. A few old faces had been there...Naomi had come over from Paris especially! Shower and bed...

No comments: