Thursday 19 January 2023

Thursday 19th January 2023

Alarm at 0730...too tired to rise before 0900...felt like I'd spent yesterday putting a new gas boiler in!!! Hauled myself out of bed and porridged. Threw a packed lunch together. Aki cycled off to the clinic in Kentish Town for a cancer screening (later got the all clear). Had to scrape ice off the car windscreen before driving out to Chingford Mount. Didn't have any luck there, though got a couple of "Come back tomorrow"s....traffic in Chingford Mount almost at a standstill due to roadworks. Still, I get paid by the hour! Drove to Woodford Green to use the facilities at Waitrose. Had my lunch in the car park overlooking the A406 North Circular. Drove on down to Manor Park. Got into a couple of houses near the station, then drove on to Becontree and Dagenham. Only managed to get into three properties today! Still, I get paid by the hour! Turned for home as dusk crept over Havering. Aki cooked up a tasty chicken and walnut pasta dish for dinner, and prepared some aduki bean porridge and mochi (oshiruko) for our Book Club guests this evening. Jane, Katherine, Gayu, Polly, and George turned up to discuss "A Burning", which I hadn't read, as I got behind on David Copperfield because of the Tower Theatre play. We chose "Right-ho, Jeeves" by P.G. Wodehouse, and Polly revealed her uncle Dick had written books on Wodehouse, and looked after a small museum in P.G.'s old house. I suggested we try and read his "Wodehouse At Work" as a companion piece, if we could find it. Chucked them out at 2230. Shower and bed...

No comments: