Monday 22 May 2023

Sunday 21st May 2023

Woke around 0830. Aki got up to ready herself for Rowing Club. I had my tea in bed, before rising. Aki cooked breakfast. I then came down with a nasty bout of constipation. Aki left for Rowing Club, and I rode it out in the bathroom. By 1400 I was in constant agony. I rang for an ambulance, but wasn't considered urgent enough, and told to phone 111 instead. Spoke to a receptionist, who informed me that someone would ring me back. By this time I could barely move. Aki returned, and I sent her out to buy incontinence pads, so she could drive me up to the Whittington. It was a very painful drive, but the discomfort, the potholes and sleeping policemen, seemed to get things moving to the extent that I had to make a dash for the toilets in A&E, and blessed relief finally followed!!! Aki drove us back home. I took a shower before cooking pork shoulder steaks for dinner, with a marmalade sauce (using dad's homemade marmalade), mashed potatoes, and vegetables. Matt FaceTimed us this evening. He alerted us to the fact that they are due to come down to London in July for Sarah's final year exhibition on her creative design course, and we promised to hook up with them for that. Watched a bit of telly before bed...

No comments: