Monday 30 October 2023

Thursday 26th October 2023

Rather a disturbed night's sleep...awoken by the sounds of a delivery truck being unloaded at the Co-op directly below my room...at 0430!!! Managed to nod back off eventually. Got up and tried the shower...it wasn't very effectual. Descended below for breakfast. Pleasant enough morning...the marina next door looked relatively picturesque (compared with the rest of Chatham, that is!). Headed into the Chatham suburbs in the morning. In the absence of any choice in the matter, I drove over the Rochester Bridge to buy some luncheon items at M&S in Strood, and ate my roll in the car in the car park at Morrisons. Inspections then took me south to the villages of Cuxton, and Halling, before I wound my way back to Strood. Had dinner the my hotel...pan fried Stone Bass...a meaty fish, tasty enough. Don't think I've had it before. Read the final chapter of my Dickens biography at my table, but realised I was going to get a bit emotional, so repaired to my room to finish the last three pages. 

No comments: